After its driverless car crashed three days ago in Arizona, followed by a suspension of its self-driving programme, Uber’s autonomous cars are back on the road.
According to a Reuters report, Uber has concluded its brief investigation into the recent crash of its self-driving car in Tempe, Arizona and has green signalled the programme run by its Advanced Technology Group (ATG), thereby resuming its pilot tests in Pittsburgh and San Francisco.
While Uber has finished its investigation, police in Tempe is still in the midst of its own investigation. A full report of the crash will be prepared by the Tempe PD by mid-week. As of now, Detective Lily Duran, the officer incharge of the investigation, has said that the Uber self-driving car was not at fault when the accident happened. Uber’s driverless car in question, a Volvo SUV, did have an engineer inside, but the car was in self-driving mode when it crashed.
Uber has been running its pilot driverless programme in Pittsburgh since September last year and no other collision incidents have been reported in the area so far. However, this is the second time an Uber self-driving vehicle has ran into trouble. Last year in December, another one of Uber’s driverless cars skipped a red light in California.
While Uber may have resolved this issue, the company is still battling internal conflict and attrition. It remains to be seen how Uber pulls itself up from that mess.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014