The Toyota Yaris is finally coming to India. While in western countries, the car is sold as a hatchback, India will be getting the sedan variant. The new car will be made in India and will start selling by mid-May. One can see the resemblance in design between the new Yaris and the Toyota Corolla. The car has good looks, thanks to large wrap-around headlights, the large air dam at the front and an equally well proportioned back. The design of the roof also complements the sporty look of the car. Toyota will be making most of the parts here in India including the engine.
The Yaris will be available with just a single engine option in India, the 1.5L petrol. This is an all-new VVTi engine from the company which will generate about 108hp with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed CVT-gearbox. That’s not all, the car will come with class-leading seven airbags, which also includes a knee bag. Toyota is also taking braking in the car quite seriously and this will be the second car in its class to get disc-brakes on all wheels. The vehicle comes with traction control, ESP, ABS with EBD, tyre pressure monitoring system and more. Other features in the car include Toyota has also taken care of some other creature comforts such as a steering mounted controls, rear power outlets, and the start-stop button. The CVT variant will also get paddle shifter for the ease of use.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014