Tata Motors has announced that its upcoming SUV, the Tata Nexon, will go on sale this festive season, earmarking a launch time of around October 2017. The Tata Nexon has been a much-anticipated product from Tata's portfolio, and the first batch of production for the SUV has already been rolled out from Tata's Ranjangaon plant.
The Tata Nexon has been confirmed to launch with two new engines - the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel, both producing 109bhp of power, and 170Nm and 260Nm of torque respectively. They are both paired with 6-speed manual transmissions and will offer three driving modes - Eco, City and Sport. The SUV is expected to be Tata's biggest bet on the compact crossover segment, after it entered the SUV market with the all-new Tata Hexa. With the Nexon, the company will be targeting more of the compact SUV/crossover market presently being ruled by the likes of Hyundai Creta, Maruti's Vitara Brezza and S-Cross, Honda's WR-V and the likes.
Tata's latest cars have all been equipped with the ConnectNext infotainment system, and we expect the Nexon to house the same. The Tata ConnectNext platform has a lot of nifty addition, but much of it relies on Android-powered smartphones. For instance, features like Tata's JukeCar and the navigation module require a connected Android smartphone with ConnectNext suite installed, to be used. Support for iOS has not yet been rolled out, which somewhat restricts the full potential of Tata's infotainment suite here. Nevertheless, with the upgraded engines, Tata will be hoping to see a winning prospect in the Nexon.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014