The Tata Nexon is slated to launch in IndiaWhere to buy 599 65 105 soon, and the much-awaited SUV will come with two new engine variants under Tata's Revotron and Revotorq lineups. Both these engines are being manufactured in India, and Tata claims that the new variants of its petrol and diesel engines for consumer vehicles will offer better refinement and fuel efficiency.
The two new engines are the 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine, Revotron, and the 1.5-litre diesel engine, Revotorq. The new, 3-cylinder Revotron engine produces 109bhp of power and 170Nm of torque, while the 4-cylinder diesel engine produces the same power but 260Nm of torque. Both these variants will be mated with Tata's all-new transmission system - the TA-6300 synchromesh 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive. Having a synchromesh device in the transmission shaft removes the need for double declutching and makes for smoother overall shifts. This is fairly common in most new generation manual transmissions, and this is the unit that will be present in the upcoming Tata Nexon. Interestingly, this also more or less confirms that the Tata Nexon may not be getting an automatic transmission variant, at least for the time being.
The Tata Nexon will also come with three driving modes - Eco, City and Sport, to make the car more versatile in terms of driving and fuel efficiency. Although dates for the launch have not been confirmed yet, we believe that the launch is very close to materialising, and should happen within a month. Stay tuned to this space for more.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014