Tata Motors has introduced the Nexon AMT in India, with both petrol and diesel engines getting the automated manual transmission gearbox, which Tata calls HyprDrive Self-Shift Gears (S-SG). The two trims are priced at Rs. 9,41,000 with the petrol engine, while the diesel-powered SUV is priced at Rs. 10,30,000. Power figures for the engine remain the same, with the 1.2-litre Revotron engine producing 109bhp and 170Nm torque, and the 1.5-litre Revotorq producing 109bhp and 260Nm torque.
The AMT gearbox in the Nexon has been expected for a while now, and was stated to be in the works back when it was launched. To streamline the performance of the AMT gearbox, Tata has included features like anti-stall, fast launch and kick-down. Furthermore, it gets crawl and smart hill climb assist to help manoeuvre city traffic and steep slopes. Back when the Nexon was launched, Tata had also showed a prototype wearable key that looked like a fitness band, which has now been launched. The rest of the features remain the same, including the 6.5-inch ConnectNext infotainment system with Android Auto, and an 8-speaker Harman/Kardon audio setup.
The Tata Nexon AMT also gets a new colour variant - Etna Orange for the body, with Sonic Silver dual-tone roof finish. In tune with online car configurators offered by luxury car makers, Tata Motors has also launched its new customisation platform - Imaginator, where potential buyers can choose colour schemes and equipment levels to pre-customise their choices. The Tata Nexon was a pleasant car to drive back during launch, and with the introduction of the AMT gearbox, may appeal to more customers who are on the lookout for a competitively priced, automatic SUV with both diesel and petrol options.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014