Continuing on its endeavours to develop clean emission commercial vehicles, Tata Motors has unveiled India's first bio-methane powered bus. Alongside, the company also showed off three bio-fuel combustion engines for LCV, ICV and MCV bus variants. These buses will contribute to Tata Motors' Smart Cities initiative, by including connected car infrastructure, reducing emissions and contributing to wet garbage disposals.
Tata Motors has previously shown its intent behind clean energy vehicles at the launch of its Starbus Hybrid. The company had simultaneously unveiled electric and hydrogen fuel cell variants of its buses, all of which came fitted with connected infrastructure and modern amenities like infotainment systems, GPS and USB ports. With the new bio-methane engines, Tata Motors' lead variant for clean energy commercial vehicles is now the Tata LPO-1613 bio-fuel bus that complies with 5.7 SGI NA BS-IV IOBD-II emission standards.
"We are delighted to present yet another product with innovation in alternate fuel technologies, to cater to the need for a greener country. The use of Bio-CNG will contribute in a positive manner to the Smart Cities proposition of keeping them clean and is a good option for wet garbage management," said Mr. Girish Wagh, Head of the Commercial Vehicles Business at Tata Motors. It now remains to be seen how the smarter, cleaner buses are rolled out on to Indian roads.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014