Tata Motors is all set to launch a Special Edition of the Tata Hexa in the coming days. This edition of Tata's flagship SUV will get a host of new equipment inside, along with a new colour trim. Among the new equipment, the Tata Hexa may remove the old ConnectNext infotainment system with the tiny display, and replace it with its new, much-improved interface which also comes with a larger 6.5" display, better display resolution and Android Auto (with support for Apple CarPlay to be rolled out later).
The Tata Hexa Special Edition will include rear seat entertainment, special seat covers, a Head-Up Display (HUD), Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and more. On the exterior, it will come with a 'Unique Bronze' colour trim. The Special Edition Hexa will act as a prelude of sorts for upcoming vehicles under Tata Motors' portfolio, as the company is expected to roll out features like the HUD as increasingly standard equipment in its upcoming vehicles, onward of 2018. The Tata Hexa Special Edition will be based on the top-of-the-line XT trim.
The Tata Hexa XT comes with a 2.2-litre Varicor 400 engine that produces 156bhp, and will be available in both manual and automatic gearbox options. The Tata Hexa offers excellent middle and rear row seating, which we hailed in our review. With more equipment set to roll out, the Tata Hexa Special Edition could well be an even more popular choice among SUV buyers in the country.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireMercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look
- Biggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014