Skoda has announced the launch date for the Octavia RS in India. The performance variant of the 2017 Skoda Octavia will be introduced in India for the first time ever, and makes for a significant entrant in the Indian auto market. The Octavia RS is expected to come with a 227bhp petrol engine, coupled with 6-speed automatic and manual transmission variants. The D-segment sedan was always meant as a luxury prospect in India, aimed at professionals looking for a mid-range luxury sedan. With the RS, the Octavia will not only join India's limited portfolio of performance cars, but also become one of the least expensive ones in its class.
Internationally, the Skoda Octavia RS includes intelligent technology like Lane Assistance, Blind Spot Monitoring, Front and Rear Proximity Assist, and handsfree parking. At least some of these features are now expected to make it to the Octavia RS in India, thereby making it one of the smartest cars in its segment. It also gets Skoda's top-of-the-line, 9.2-inch Columbus infotainment system with integrated HDD for local media storage, among the standard features. It also gets a 10-colour interior ambient lighting scheme, double-stitched black and red leather upholstery, and a lot more.
The Skoda Octavia RS is expected to be priced well within Rs. 30 lac when it launches in India later this week. Stay tuned, as we bring you live details and updates on the Skoda Octavia RS, on August 30.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014