Porsche has opened bookings for the petrol hybrid version of its performance sedan, the Panamera. The Porsche Panamera Hybrid will be available in three variants - E-Hybrid, E-Hybrid Executive and E-Hybrid Sports Tourismo, and is being priced between Rs. 2.33 crore and Rs. 2.45 crore. It also falls in line with the Indian government's push for greener cars, although hybrid cars are still under the heavier tax bracket, introduced to facilitate an influx of electric vehicles.
The Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid produces combined power of 680bhp, from its twin-turbocharged V8 engine and the electric motors. The all-wheel drive performance car can do 0-100kph in just 3.2 seconds, and claims top track speed of 309kph. The powertrain will be paired with Porsche's 8-speed PDK gearbox, and be equipped with Porsche's Stability Management program. The Panamera is aimed at the same segment as the Aston Martin Rapide and Maserati Quattroporte GTS, alongside BMW M760Li and Mercedes-AMG S63. However, it will have the added tag of being eco-friendly in a similar strategy to Volvo's plug-in hybrid flagship S90 sedan in India.
The Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid will also come equipped with the PCM infotainment module, along with a host of connectivity options. The Panamera will also be the first electrified car from Porsche's stable in India, which marks a rising trend of more economical cars even in the luxury and performance segments. Porsche may also introduce a hybrid trim of its flagship SUV, the Porsche Cayenne, in 2018, during which time we expect to see more electrified cars being rolled out in India, including the likes of the Range Rover P400e plug-in hybrid SUV.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014