Indian ride sharing and aggregator service Olacabs has officially launched in Sydney, Australia. This is the second city in Australia that the company has rolled out to, as part of its first venture outside of India. As part of its inaugural effort, Ola has stated that its first riders can avail “free rides”, while its driver-partners will be privy to “new earnings programs, community town-halls, fuel offers and other vehicle services.”
Olacabs began its first round of cab services outside India in Perth, Australia. As part of its launch offer, first riders were allowed two free rides of up to A$10 each. The company stated that special emphasis is also being given to customer and driver feedback, and a higher rate of commission was being offered to all driver partners in a bid to establish its network in Australia.
While Ola has not specified, the initial free rides for customers in Sydney should be similar to what was offered to customers in Perth. The company also states that users may book cabs for transit to and from the Sydney airport, which presumably qualifies for discounted rides as well. The company is now in plans to expand its network across more cities in Australia, with Melbourne possibly on the chart next.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014