Popular Indian ride sharing and rental service, Olacabs has partnered with OTT entertainment service provider YuppTV to bring live TV programmes to cabs. The service will be available on Ola Play, the in-cab entertainment service introduced by Ola earlier this year. Ola Play has so far included services like pre-recorded news segments, TV shows and popular web series episodes, but this will be the first time that live television services are coming to the system.
Ankit Jain, head of Ola Play, said in a press statement, "With this partnership, Ola Play brings LIVE TV inside a cab for the first time, by leveraging OTT services of YuppTV to bring an experience that is easily accessible through the user’s mobile phone as well as the tab mounted in the backseat. With this partnership, we are bringing a range of TV channels to Play, including LIVE news channels that are accessible on the go and will certainly make travel time more productive."
The categories of live TV services being offered now include news, general entertainment and music, including almost 20 news channels on board. These services can be accessed either from within the Ola application on smartphones or via the tablet onboard cabs. Ola Play with YuppTV's live infotainment services will also be available in Ola Rental and Ola Outstation, and is presently available in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014