After opening preorders almost a month ago, Okinawa has launched its all-electric scooterWhere to buy 1290, the Okinawa Praise, in India. The Indian two-wheeler company claims that the Praise is India's fastest electric scooter right now, capable of reaching top speed of 75kmph with full load. In tandem, it quotes total riding range between 170-200 kilometres, which would be significantly higher than the 100km range that Vespa has quoted its upcoming electric scooter, the Vespa Elettrica will come with.
Okinawa is part of a rising number of startups investing in all-electric two-wheelers of late. The likes of Hero Motocorp have already rolled out initial units like the Optima DX, which have limited speed and range of travelling. In recent times, the likes of Ather Energy and Emflux have joined the fore, with Emflux in particular being set to unveil an all-electric sports bike with 200km range, 200kph top speed and a pretty nifty design at the Auto Expo 2018. With the Praise e-scooter, Okinawa will target short commute urban customers. The list of equipment include LED headlamps, side stand sensor, a USB charging point, a digital speedometer, three driving modes (Economy, Sporty and Turbo), anti-theft sensor, 'Find My Scooter' GPS tracker, electronically assisted braking system (EABS) and keyless start. In terms of storage, you get a front glove box and an under-seat storage area of 19.4 litres.
The Okinawa electric scooterWhere to buy 1290 uses a 1000W electric motor that produces about 4bhp of peak power and 40Nm peak torque. Presently, it is fitted with Lead Acid batteries, which will be replaced with Lithium ion batteries in future to reduce weight. The Lead Acid battery will take six hours to fully charge, while the Li-ion battery will come equipped with fast charging of 80 percent in 45 minutes. The scooter has been up for preorders for a token amount of Rs. 2,000, and will now be available from Okinawa's outlets across India at Rs. 59,889 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014