The Tesla Model Y is slated to be the next big launch that Tesla makes, following the commencing of deliveries and faster production rates of the Model 3. Previously, it was expected (based on Musk's statements) that the Tesla Model Y will be based on an entirely new platform, and as such, this led to a common assumption that the Model Y is quite some time away into the future.
Now, based on Musk's statements at the Tesla Q2 2017 earnings call, the mini SUV is expected to be unveiled and put into production much sooner than prior expectations. This is because much of the Model Y's platform will be based on the Model 3Where to buy 2651 2831's platform, meaning that a lot of key components that are being used in the Model 3 can be put into use in the Model Y as well, thereby decreasing the development time. This strategy appears similar to what Tesla adopted for the Model X - the first Tesla SUV that carried over a number of elements from the Model S sedan to expedite production.
The Tesla Model Y is Musk's bet to cash in on rising SUV demand in global car markets. The compact SUV should have similar dimensions as the Model 3Where to buy 2651 2831, albeit with key design and architectural changes. It should also be more affordable than the Model X, which in turn will help Tesla speed up sales and gather more market share. Tesla is also spearheading the direction towards which the entire auto market is heading, with cars driven only on batteries and carrying loads of advanced technology inside that can make it interact with its owners, drive itself and do much more.
As a result, expediting the Model Y launch makes great sense for Tesla, although it must overcome battery supply and production line issues to make the most of its already developed Model 3Where to buy 2651 2831 platform.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014