Honda has unveiled a new, limited-run Privilege Edition for its compact sedan, the Honda Amaze. The new car gets a few important technological improvements to stay in the game of compact sedans, that now have competent overall propositions like the Tata Tigor and the new Maruti Dzire. Alongside improving the overall technology package, the new Honda Amaze brings a better overall interior package as well, while the drivetrain remains the same. Here’s looking at everything new in the Honda Amaze Privilege Edition:
The Honda Amaze is the company’s basic sedan offering, and now flaunts the Honda DigiPad infotainment console. The system runs on Android and presents a familiar interface for Indian users that is easy to use. It presents a 7-inch touch interface with Android-like Home screen, app drawer and tiled icons. You also get 1.5GB of user-dedicated internal storage, a WiFi hotspot with Internet browser that can even stream videos, and a 3D satellite-based navigation system.
As with every DigiPad-based Honda vehicle, you get the standard array of USB ports, microSD slot and even an onboard HDMI port to plug in video sources. You also get digital air-conditioner controls, along with power-adjustable outside mirrors, height-adjustable driver seat and rear parking sensors. This affirms that the rear parking camera unit, which is standard in most DigiPad-equipped Honda cars (like the 2017 Honda City and the Honda WR-V) may not be rolled out to the Amaze.
The Honda Amaze Privilege Edition brings with itself new dual-tone interiors and beige seat covers, along with a centre armrest to the front, and dual airbags and ABS in terms of safety features on board. The rest remain pretty much the same, with all four power windows, 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine options mated with five-speed manual transmission.
The pricing also gets a small ‘upgrade’ by about Rs. 10,000. The petrol variant is now priced at Rs. 6.49 lac, while the diesel variant is priced at Rs. 7.74 lac, ex-showroom Delhi.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014