The Maruti SuzukiWhere to buy 1988 Swift has been one of India's most popular and loved hatchbacks of all time. Back when it was first launched, it was hailed for its suave styling, impressive driving characteristics and the overall practicality and assurance of owning a Maruti Suzuki. Come 2018, and the Swift is all set to make a comeback with a completely new design. While we await its presence at the 2018 Auto Expo in India, it has now been spotted undisguised in India for the first time.
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift comes with more refined styling, while keeping the Swift's DNA intact. Coupling its buggier looks is the new Suzuki Heartect platform, which is lighter and stiffer than before. This, coupled with the lower centre of gravity of the new car, is expected to improve its handling over the outgoing iteration of the Swift, and better its performance aspect as well. It is also expected to post better fuel economy figures, thereby ticking all the right checkboxes in the Indian car buyer's priority list.
In terms of the technology and electronics aspect, the new Maruti SuzukiWhere to buy 1988 Swift will come equipped with the company's SmartPlay infotainment system, which now includes both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also get a sportier, redesigned steering wheel, along with a twin-pod instrument cluster similar to what we have seen in the present generation Maruti Suzuki Dzire. Other electronics on board will include automatic climate control, automatic headlamps and wipers, LED DRLs, projector front lamps and LED tail lamps.
The new Swift, like the one seen in the spied photograph above, will retain the same engine and gearbox configurations - 1.2-litre K Series petrol and 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engines, mated to five-speed gearboxes. It is not clear if an AMT gearbox variant will also be offered upon launch, although an SHVS (mild hybrid) variant is likely to make it to India.
Spy photo courtesy: CarsAndBunMaska
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireMercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look
- Biggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014