Mercedes Benz has announced the launch of a new, limited edition GLC SUV in India. Called the Mercedes-Benz GLC 'Celebration Edition', the new SUV notably adds a new colour to its portfolio of available finishes - Designo hyacinth red. In terms of the technology package, the SUV comes with an LED logo projector on the doors, and uses the Garmin Map Pilot navigation system in combination with its existing 20 CD Telematics COMAND infotainment firmware. The SUV will be made in limited quantities, and has sporty elements like high gloss exterior mirror housing in black, chrome strips to the front and back, and more.
The two GLC SUVs being launched in the Celebration Edition trim are the GLC 220d and GLC 300, with diesel and petrol engines respectively. The Mercedes-Benz GLC 220d is priced at Rs. 50.86 lac, and the GLC 300 is priced at Rs. 51.25 lac, ex-showroom pan-India. Roland Folger, MD-CEO of Mercedes-Benz India, stated in a press statement, "The GLC underscores our philosophy of introducing world-class products from our global portfolio, for our discerning Indian customers. The sporty exterior and interior accessories offered in the ‘Celebration Edition’ enhances the car’s striking appearance. We are positive that the ‘Celebration Edition’ will delight the customers who desire to make the best of every ground. With the launch of GLC ‘Celebration Edition’, Mercedes-Benz celebrates its long-standing relationship with the Indian customers."
Mercedes-Benz India has been putting increasing emphasis on its SUV lineup in India, and has launched two new SUV lines in India in recent times. The company refreshed its GLA compact SUV portfolio to add more technology and a new face, and followed it up with a more upmarket GLC 43 AMG Coupe that focuses more on performance. The two SUVs come with different trims of technology, with the infotainment system varying in screen sizes, interfaces and features. While the new GLC Celebration Edition does not add anything radically new, it emphasises on the company's increasing focus on the Indian market, which many have claimed is gradually opening up to the luxury segments.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014