Mercedes is all set to unveil a new GLC SUV in India on July 21, under its performance-oriented AMG lineup. The Mercedes-AMG GLC-43 4MATIC Coupe will be the first SUV in the GLC lineup with a coupe-like chassis, and will be powered by a 362bhp, 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol engine that produces 520Nm of torque. This will make the upcoming Mercedes-AMG GLC-43 Coupe the most powerful offering in the entire GLC lineup in India.
The new SUV will have a nine-speed transmission and the 4MATIC drivetrain makes it an all-wheel drive car. Being lighter than the Mercedes-Benz GLE SUVs, the AMG GLC-43 is faster, and will reach 0-100kmph in 4.9 seconds. The SUV will go on to top the speed off at an electronically restricted 250kmph limit. It will also come with five driving modes, including a user-defined one where the driver gets to customise the dynamics of the performance-oriented SUV.
Presently, the Mercedes-Benz GLC lineup comprises the 220d 4MATIC (diesel) and 300 4MATIC (petrol) SUVs in India. The present GLC-class SUVs are priced within Rs. 55 lac, but this being an AMG edition SUV, pricing is expected to be around Rs. 80 lac. Watch this space for more details, coming up next week.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014