AMG, the performance specialist division of Mercedes-Benz has launched the E63 S performance saloon in India. The Mercedes-AMG E63 S presents the company's 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive powertrain, with active variable torque distribution and a 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 engine. This engine produces 612bhp and a staggering 850Nm torque, and is paired with the AMG SpeedShift multi-clutch 9-speed automatic sport transmission. The 4MATIC+ permanent AWD drivetrain also includes a drift mode, which suggests that this would be quite a tail-happy luxury performance saloon. It also marks the 14th offering from Mercedes-AMG in India, and is the fastest AMG in India, reaching 0-100kmph in 3.4 seconds.
The Mercedes-Benz E63 S further includes AMG 'Air Body Control' multi-chamber sport air suspension for switching between stiffer chassis control on track, or easing it down for more comfortable commuting. Furthermore, it includes a 'Drift Mode', which can vary the torque distribution between the front and rear wheels to allow enthusiastic drivers to drift around corners. The top speed is electronically limited to 250kmph, and this can be extended up to 300kmph with the AMG Driver's Package. It also features an AMG-first cylinder deactivation system, which switches off four cylinders of the V8 when you are cruising along in Economy drive mode. Interestingly, the Mercedes-AMG E63 S also gets a host of radar-based assistance systems to aid safety. These include proximity and safe distance warning, collision alert, active and autonomous braking system, and pedestrian detection system. It also gets Multi-beam Intelligent Light System with variable light distribution, cornering light and adaptive high beam assistance, making it a fairly comprehensive package.
The all-new Mercedes-AMG E63 S 4MATIC+ luxury performance saloon is priced at Rs. 1.5 crore (ex-showroom, pan-India), with maintenance packages starting at Rs. 88,000. Mercedes-Benz India is one of the few companies to offer a wide range of performance cars in the country, and the E63 S now marks the fastest offering in AMG's portfolio in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014