Maruti SuzukiWhere to buy 1988 is presently rolling out an update for its SmartLink infotainment system that sees older units of SmartLink get support for Android Auto. Cars with SmartLink infotainment system that supported only Apple CarPlay include the entire new generation Maruti Suzuki portfolio - Ciaz, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza, Baleno and S-Cross. However, the company included Android Auto as default in its more recent launches - the Ignis and Dzire.
For getting the update, you will possibly receive a call from your dealer from where you bought the car, and the firmware update will be installed as factory-rolled setup. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are in-car infotainment profiles meant for iOS and Android, respectively. While Apple CarPlay is seemingly easier to use and allows users to simply plug in their iPhones via USB, Android Auto requires a considerably elaborate process to mirror the phone-based infotainment system on to a car's infotainment display. However, owing to CarPlay's limited availability of the feature set in India, Android Auto proves to be the more versatile.
With this update, Maruti SuzukiWhere to buy 1988 joins the likes of Hyundai, Skoda and others in providing both the infotainment options to its users. The company has been steadily targeting a more active, versatile group of buyers, and including finer features like these is expected to go a long way in making Maruti's cars seem much more exciting. Going forward, Android Auto should be made available as standard across all of Maruti's SmartLink-powered vehicles.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014