Auto Expo kicked-off with Maruti unveiling its Future-S concept car in India. This is one of the first cars to be completely designed in-house by Maruti SuzukiWhere to buy 1988 themselves. While the shape of the car is that of an urban SUV, the compact size matches that of a hatchback. The concept shown by Maruti has an aggressive stance with sleek LED headlamps and taillamps. The bright orange paint scheme is complemented by the orange and black alloy wheels. The concept features a higher ground clearance along with a flat hood.
The orange and pearl white design scheme continues on the interior, which is offers a mix of minimalistic and modern looks. The instrumentation cluster as well as the infotainment system is merged in a large circular touch sensitive central console. The rest of the dashboard is quite minimalistic, with an oblong steering wheel, which may not make it to the production vehicle. However, if the car does make it to the production stage, it should compete with the likes of the Renault Kwid.
At the unveiling of the Future-S cocept, Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti SuzukiWhere to buy 1988, said, "Compact is the natural choice of India's car customers. Compact needs a fresh design language, one that is bold, confident and dynamic. Our designers have created this brand new design, aggressive on the outside, and bold and inviting interiors. Nothing like this has ever been attempted before on a vehicle this size. ConceptFutureS will define the next generation of design for compact vehicles in India".
While the Future-S is just a concept for the time being, it will be serving as a platform for a future entry-level hatchbacks from Maruti SuzukiWhere to buy 1988. Besides this, the company will also announce the price of the new Swift at a separate event later.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014