Mid-segment sedans, sitting right above the compact sedans and just below the premium D-segment ones, have been a popular option in India. They provide good value for the luxury proposition, with spacious interiors, good seating comfort, an ever-increasing number of features, and good fuel economy. Particularly over the last few days, this particular segment has been increasingly active, with new launches like the Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo, the 2017 Hyundai Verna, and also, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S.
This trim of the Ciaz S, as you may have guessed, stands for 'Sport'. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S adds a bunch of spoilers - to the front, the sides, and the rear underside, along with one on the trunk lid. This adds a wholesome dash of muscle to the car's body. Additionally, it comes with all black interiors - with black leather seats, blackened dash and grey chrome garnishes on the instrument panel, to add a feeling of sportiness to the sedan. Performance and technology-wise, the Ciaz S retains the same as the top-spec Alpha variant - with a 91bhp, 1.4-litre petrol and 89bhp, 1.3-litre diesel engines. The technology inside uses the Maruti SmartPlay infotainment system, that provides integrated sat-nav, Apple CarPlay, and even Android Auto has been recently added to it.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S is offered in two engine variants - with the petrol model priced at Rs. 9,39,081 and diesel smart hybrid priced at Rs. 11,55,409, ex-showroom. It will come with seven colour options, and include standard safety features like two airbags, seat belt pre-tensioning and force adjustment, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat mounts. The Ciaz S is Maruti's efforts to remain in line with the updated variants of existing sedans from Skoda and Hyundai, both of which are aiming for the crown of being the highest selling in segment, that the Ciaz presently owns.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014