Mahindra has added a new trim to its New Age XUV500 lineup. The new XUV500 W9 trim sits right below the XUV500 W10 variant, but gets most of the top variant's features and equipment arsenal. The new XUV500 W9 bridges the gap between the W10 variant, and the lower-spec W8 trim.
The new Mahindra XUV500 W9 gets an electric sunroof with anti-pinch, along with a 7-inch infotainment system that also includes Android Auto. The infotainment system also gets a tyre pressure monitoring system, along with Ecosense Technology that logs driving statistics and gives feedback to the driver to improve driving style, push-button start, keyless entry and a rear camera. It only misses out on Mahindra's Connected Apps feature, which is still reserved for the top W10 trim of the XUV500. Safety features here include ABS with EBD, ESP and rollover mitigation, alongside the standard inclusion of airbags.
The new Mahindra XUV500 W9 is powered by a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine that produces 140bhp and 330Nm of torque. You get a choice between either the 6-speed manual, or the 6-speed automatic transmissions. However, the W9 will be rear-wheel-drive only, and only the W10 variant will still provide 4WD to the Mahindra XUV500.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014