Mahindra has launched the all-electric eVerito sedan in India. The car is available in three variants, D2, D4 and D6 variants, priced between Rs. 9.50 lakh and Rs. 10 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The company claims that the vehicle can travel for up to 110 kms, and can achieve a top speed of 86 kmph. Furthermore, the car comes with a 72V pack of Lithuim-ion batteries, and the company claims the car's running cost of Rs. 1.15/km. The Mahindra eVerito will be available for purchase in select cities, including New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Nagpur.
Mr. Pravin Shah, President and Chief (Automotive), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., said, “As the pioneer of electric vehicles and integrated mobility solutions in India, it has always been our endeavor to make electric vehicles more accessible and the eVerito is the first electric sedan in our portfolio. With issues like environmental degradation, pollution-related challenges, climate change and energy security, there has never been a better time to switch to electric vehicles.”
The Mahindra eVerito features Regenerative Braking technology. This stores energy generated during braking, and sends it back to the motor, resulting in a few extra kilometers of range. It also features REVIVE, which offers an extra 8 km of range in the event that the car is running low on energy. Further, drivers will receive monthly statistics about charging patterns, distance travelled, fuel saved and more though the car’s Telematics feature. There is also an Intelligent Energy Management System (IEMS), which calculates certain aspects of the car such as the status of charge, distance to empty, battery charge, optimum range and so forth. The D6 variant of the car will come with fast charging, and Mahindra says that this variant can charge from 0%-80% in about 1 hour and 45 minutes at the company's electric fast charging stations.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014