During Auto Expo 2016, Ford announced that it would be bringing the iconic Ford Mustang GT to India, and now the company has finally delivered. The new Ford Mustang GT that comes to India is powered by a 5.0L petrol engine, which is mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The best thing about the car however, is the price as Ford has priced the new Ford Mustang GT at a rather affordable Rs. 65 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
After the launch of the first generation Ford Mustang GT in 1964, it has taken Ford more than 52 years to bring the car to India. This latest generation Mustang is the sixth generation Ford Mustang GT and while India spec version of the car gets right hand drive, it is down on power from the original version that is sold in the U.S. The Indian variant of the car delivers a max power of 396 bhp, which is about 25-30bhp less than the original variant, Ford showcased back in February. Subsequently, there is small drop in maximum torque as well.
On the inside, Ford has loaded the car with luxury features like heated / cooled seats, aluminium foot pedals, and more. In terms of entertainment, the car is equipped with a 8-inch display in the center console and a 9-speaker audio system with an amplifier. The car is also equipped with Ford’s Sync-2 system, which uses voice recognition to let the driver use certain features using voice commands.
That said, the Ford Mustang GT is more than just a car, it is a lifestyle. It is one of those cars, which is better known for its joy of riding, it’s head turning looks, and its supremely big engine. Further, GT stands for Gran Turismo, which means that the car is meant to be a long cruiser. To aid that, the Ford Mustang GT, is also equipped with features like hill launch assist, four selectable driving modes and cruise control.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014