LeEco has announced that its strategic partner, Faraday Future will debut its electric racing team, Faraday Future Dragon Racing on October 9. The team will compete in the third season of the Formula E Hong Kong ePrix alongside Mahindra Racing, the only Indian team to participate at the championship. Faraday Future became the technical partner and title sponsor of the US-based Dragon Racing team in July this year. This is is the first partnership between a major racing team and a technology start-up.
Read the complete press release below
Excitement is mounting and the air is electric as LeEco‘s strategic partner, Faraday Future moves ahead at full speed to make a majestic entry into the much-awaited, Season 3 of Formula E Hong Kong ePrix on October 9. The leading electric car racing team, Faraday Future Dragon Racing will compete with Mahindra Racing, the only participating team from India at the championship. As anticipation mounts, the battle for supremacy at Formula E Hong Kong ePrix will also go up several notches.
This ultimate racing encounter will take place at the beginning of Season 3 (2016/2017) of the Formula E Hong Kong ePrix. Faraday Future became technical partner and title sponsor of the renowned U.S. racing team Dragon Racing in July this year, renaming the team to Faraday Future Dragon Racing. This is one of the first partnership between a major racing team and a technology start-up.
The California-based start-up Faraday Future has reached a strategic partnership with LeEco and unveiled its first prototype FFZERO1 Concept at CES 2016 (Consumer Electronics Show). In April, Faraday Future laid the foundation of its first Internet-connected intelligent and environmentally friendly factory in the U.S.
Starting from Season 3 of Formula E, the two will work together to develop key solutions to maximize performance capabilities within the vehicles’ powertrains, improve overall drivetrain performance and refine data acquisition and analytics to result in more accurate predictions of vehicle performance and efficiency.
In the future, the team will incorporate more Faraday Future technologies, including software, firmware, motors, gearbox and the FF Echelon Inverter to the racing vehicles.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014