Kia Motors has finally made its debut in India. The company showcased over 16 cars at the ongoing Auto Expo and noted that it would start full-fledged production and sale of cars in India by mid -2019. The first car that will be in production at Kia’s Anantapur plant in Andhra Pradesh would be the newly unveiled SP concept. The SP concept is an all-new compact SUV concept, which in its production avatar is likely to be a competitor to the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. During the launch, Kia Motors Corporation President and CEO Han-Koo Park said, “The SP Concept SUV has been designed and developed for the Indian market”.
The SP concept will be the first car to go into production next year in India and along with other cars from Kia’s global lineup. The company also revealed that it is working on an all-electric compact electric vehicle for India. Kia has invested $1 billion in the Anantapur plant, which has a capacity of 3 lakh units annually and will accommodate more cars in the future. The company will also launch additional vehicles in the market between 2019 to 2021.
Besides the SP concept, Kia Motors also has 16 cars from its global lineup on display at Auto Expo this year. The company is showcasing smaller premium hatchbacks such as Ceed as well its recently launched premium sedan, the Stinger GT. Other sedans like the Cadenza, and Cerato are also being showcased in the Kia booth. If we talk about bigger cars, Kia is also showcasing the Kia Carnival as well as the Mohave. Besides this, there are electric hybrid cars such as Niro, Soul and Optima PHEV. Other vehicles at the event included the Picanto and the Rio.
Kia Stinger GT
Kia Sportage GT
Kia Soul EV
Kia Optima PHEV
Kia Pecanto GT
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014