While most of us are still struggling to get a Reliance Jio SIM, new information has come in about Jio’s plan to make your car connected to the Internet in the near future. According to a report by team-bhp, Jio has plans to connect a staggering 90% of the cars in India to the internet by 2020. With the rumoured Car Connect OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) service, Reliance Jio can install a hardware in your car that can project information to a software interface on the car. With this, one can access various subsystem of the car such as fuel injection, oxygen sensors and more. This helps in tuning performance as well as diagnosing any faults that the vehicle might have. That said, OBD can’t be accessed directly from a car’s console, and requires a little more technical expertise.
According to the report, Jio Car Connect will be a device that plugs in to the car’s OBD port. It will have a SIM slot, and once a Jio SIM is inserted, a Wi-Fi hotspot will be inserted. Jio may also launch a partner mobile app, via which users will be able to access apps from Reliance JioWhere to buy 1450 7970's app suite, on the move. Users will also be able to make free calls using the Jio Join app.
The Jio Car Connect app will be made to keep a car always remain connected to the Internet. Advanced IoT features will allow versatile usability, such as turning on the AC as you walk towards it. Further data provided may include driving styles, speed alerts and panic braking details. This can, in turn, be used to keep an estimated track of paranoid car owners who are driven around by chauffeurs.
The Jio Car Connect OBD system is reportedly in development right now, and does not have a launch date specified, but Reliance is providing a preview of this system at select Jio experience zones in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014