At Auto Expo today, Honda unveiled the new 2nd gen Honda Amaze along with the 5th gen Honda CR-V and the 10th gen Honda Civic. While the Honda CR-V and Honda Civic have were announced earlier, today was the world premiere for the new Honda Amaze. The car is based on Honda’s all-new platform that offers a new design, which feels more in-line with the new Honda City and the upcoming Honda Civic. The sub-4m sedan now has lowered bonnet and a sharper nose. The car sports the same engines as the current model, but Honda claims to have made it more efficient.
Besides the new Honda Amaze, Honda also brought the new 5th gen CR-V in India. The new CR-V also ups the design quotient with a more heavier stance. This is also the first time this car will be introduced with a diesel variant. The new CR-V will feature LED headlights and taillights along with LED DRLs. Customers will also get the option of a new alloy wheel design with the option of third-row seating.
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Takahiro Hachigo, President & Representative Director, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. said, “In 2017, Honda provided our products and joys to over 30 million customers around the world. The automobile products accounted for 5.3 million of our global sales and India was a great contributor. We are committed to the Indian market and aim to launch six models in the coming three years. Today we announce three of those models – All New Amaze, All New CR-V and much awaited 10th Gen Civic which will be launched in India in FY 18-19.”
Honda is also bringing the Civic back to India, which will be going against the likes of the Toyota Corolla. The Civic is Honda’s is most popular car worldwide and in India will be launched with two engine options. This includes a 1.6L i-DTEC diesel engine or the 1.8L i-VTEC engine. The new Honda will be sold in India through the traditonal CKD method.
We also saw a couple of new Honda concept vehicles. The more handsome of the two, the Sports EV Concept, combines EV performance and AI (artificial intelligence) inside a compact body. The other is the Honda NeuV, which is an EV concept model that explores the potential of mobility products that can be expanded by automated driving technologies and Artificial Intelligence.
Honda Sports EV Concept
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014