Honda has launched the new Honda City 2017 in India. The ex-showroom prices for the petrol variant of the car start at Rs. 8,49,990, while the diesel variant starts at Rs. 10,75,990. The car will be powered by a 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine, while the diesel variant is powered by the 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine. The new car is essentially a facelifted version of the previous model, but features a bunch of new features, the biggest upgrade of which includes the touchscreen infotainment console called DigiPad. The console features a 7-inch display and the setup features its own satellite navigation system along with preloaded maps. The system is based on Android, with Honda’s own custom UI. There is no support for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, but it does support MirrorLink. Users will be able to connect their phones with the system via Bluetooth to play music, or make/receive calls. The console also features voice recognition for accessing either Apple Siri, or Google Now. Other connectivity options include USB ports and an HDMI-in port.
Besides the new infotainment console, the 2017 Honda City comes with a host of safety features such as six airbags, ABS with EBD as well as a set of lock warnings. The new City also comes with a touch-input panel for air conditioning along with pollen filters for air purification.
As for the exterior, you get LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs) on the headlights, LED fog lamps, ORVM-mounted LED indicators, and at the back, you get wraparound-style rear LED taillights, and a spoiler mounted LED rear brake lamp. Stay tuned, as we bring you more about the new Honda City 2017.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014