The first Tesla vehicle has arrived in India, unofficially. While the company is yet to make its way to the country, an unknown person has privately imported the automobile. As per the images posted by Automobili Ardent : Petrolhead Lifestyle Facebook page, a Tesla Model X was shipped to India, landing at the Mumbai docks recently.
While the vehicle in question is the Tesla Model X, the company had targeted newer markets like India, Brazil and South Korea with the Model 3. However, the company has not yet announced plans to bring the Model X to the country. The Model X is manufactured at the company’s Fremont facility in the US and is a fully electric SUV, which can go from 0-100 kmph in 2.9 seconds.
The Tesla Model X can receive over the air software updates and comes with a touchscreen system for navigation. The car sports a built-in autopilot system, though one would expect that to be a dangerous technology for India right now. Tesla itself agrees that the technology is yet to be finished completely.
Furthermore, Tesla’s Supercharger stations aren’t set up in the country yet, meaning the buyer of the Tesla Model X will have troubles charging his vehicle. The company though, had spoken about the possibility of setting up a Gigafactory here in India. Currently, Indian Model 3 buyers are expected to get their vehicles sometime in 2019.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014