Tata has presented a new Human Machine Interface (HMI) for its ConnectNext infotainment with its revamped infotainment unit in the Tata Nexon. Following this introduction, sources within Tata Motors' engineering team have confirmed that the new interface will make its way to some of Tata's other cars, including the Tigor and Hexa.
After reaching out for further confirmation, a Tata spokesperson stated, "While we do not share specific on our future plans, suffice to say that we keep upgrading and evolving to offer customers the best value added features to ensure a memorable brand experience." The new Tata ConnectNext infotainment interface provides a more modern viewing format over the older interface, along with richer resolution and better viewing quality. The new infotainment firmware also brings with itself support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but owing to the size constraint of the screens in the older Tata cars, it seems like they will only get the new interface, without the two infotainment ecosystems. Apart from these, the list of features mostly remain the same, based on Tata's ConnectNext app platform.
The Tata ConnectNext app ecosystem also uses smartphones to provide a connected car ecosystem for Tata users. Until now, a major restriction for buyers of Tata's cars was the lack of app support for iOS devices, but that too is set to be resolved with the ConnectNext app ecosystem slated to be launched for iPhones, soon.
With the new infotainment interface also on the way, Tata will be looking to provide an even smoother in-car experience to appeal to customers. However, as of now, we are unsure in terms of when the upgrade will be rolled out.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014