A 2018 avatar of the Mahindra XUV500 has been in the works, and a camouflaged version of the SUV was spotted being tested last month. Now, the Mahindra XUV500 has been spotted again in a similarly camouflaged avatar, being put through the paces in Chennai, India. The tail lamps and the overall shape of the rear suggests that the upcoming XUV500 will retain much of the present XUV500’s aesthetics, while the hidden front grille and headlamps suggest a redesigned front fascia.
This also falls in line with the previous leak, which showed a new grille design. The new XUV500 will also retain the buckle-shaped door handles, and the large two-cluster instrument panel, as seen in the car spotted today. Not much seems to be listed for change on the inside, as the SUV already has a fairly well-equipped technology package. At present, the top-trim Mahindra XUV500 W10 comes with a 7-inch infotainment system inside with Android Auto, an electric sunroof with anti-pinch protection, a tyre pressure monitoring system, keyless entry and ignition, rear parking camera, EcoSense driving dynamics and Mahindra Connected Apps, which syncs with connected smartphones to provide additional services.
Mahindra has already confirmed that it is working on a new, more powerful 2.2-litre diesel engine, expected to produce about 170bhp and be paired to a six-speed automatic gearbox. The new engine may debut in the 2018 XUV500, the launch of which may not be too far away. The new generation XUV500’s minor facelift may work to keep the SUV fresh amid hot competition from the likes of Jeep Compass, Tata Hexa and Renault Captur, while the new engine may be slotted in to improve the powertrain and driving dynamics.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014