If you didn’t know it already, Elon Musk’s newest futuristic concept includes building tunnels that’ll solve cities’ traffic problems. To that end, the man is looking for names for SpaceX’s tunneling machine, seen earlier. Musk sent out a tweet recently, saying that he’s mulling over what his tunneling machine should be called. Musk didn’t ask for suggestions, but the Internet obliged anyway.
Thinking about a name for our first tunneling machine … — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 5, 2017
If you are going to suggest names too, keep in mind that his new company is called The Boring Company. So, it’s likely that Musk wants that to be somewhere in the name. Names already suggested include, The Elongater, Dir Diggler, Tunnel McTunnelFace and our personal favourite, William Burroughs. Musk himself suggests “Ultimate Boring Machine, the Second”, explaining that adding “the second” to the name lends credibility.
It’s a fun exercise, even if your suggestion isn’t the one Musk finally chooses. Boring Company’s tunnel concept includes taking cars into subterranean tunnels and moving them at over 100mph using magnetic rails. In the video, seen earlier, Musk even proposes public transport systems akin to buses, but much faster.
It’s a concept only right now, but then, that’s what SpaceX’s reusable rockets were until some time ago.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014