DENSO Corporation and BlackBerry Limited on Thursday announced their collaboration with Intel Corp to develop the world's first automobile integrated Human Machine Interface (HMI) platform which will appear in car models scheduled for release after 2019.
The HMI platform allows humans to interact with the machine and will enable a system which cooperates and coordinates various HMI products such as display and sound inside the automobile cockpit at a low price.
"Leveraging HMI technology and know-how acquired through the development of previous products, we have developed an information management HMI technology that will support the evolution of automobiles together with BlackBerry QNX and Intel," Yukihiro Kato, Senior Executive Director, Information and Safety Systems Business Group, DENSO said in a statement.
The integrated automotive HMI platform has been developed by using Intel Atom processor A3900 series and Blackberry's "QNX Hypervisor" technology that enables the independence of several operating systems with different characteristics and controls the integration with one microcomputer
"While cluster, head unit, infotainment, and entertainment screens are all part of a new digital user experience in the car, they can't be developed in isolation and need to work in tandem," said John Wall, SVP and GM of BlackBerry QNX.
The improvement of automobile safety and convenience is increasing and now vehicles come equipped with multiple HMI systems which require several device-specific operating systems (OS) to work in unison.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014