Clarion, Japanese manufacturer of car audio, automotive navigation systems, has launched CLARION AX1 - Android-based connected car stereo in India. The connected car stereo is available for Rs. 55,990 and will be sold exclusively through Supreme Audiotronics Pvt Ltd in India.
Here's the official release:
Clarion, a Japanese manufacturer of car audio, navigation and communication systems, under its Asia arm Clarion Malaysia launched the CLARION AX1 - Android-Based Connected Car Stereo. A first of its kind in India, Carion AX1 is a complete infotainment device and promises a new and exciting experience for all gadget and technology enthusiasts.
With the internet becoming more popular with the urban crowd, Clarion introduced the internet ready device which is optimized with Android operating system and is compatible with all smartphones. The device allows you to browse the internet and also allows Wi-Fi connectivity. To escalate the entertainment quotient further, Clarion has also tied up with T-series which will give the users unlimited access to a wide range of music albums and songs. Clarion also has their technology partner Infogo which already operates an online music store apps offering you a catalogue of more than 25 million fully licensed, DRM-free songs to choose, from the world's biggest music labels.
The AX1 is Clarion’s first full automotive grade connected car stereo that runs on an Android based operating system. Unlike smart phones or tablets, this device is certified to be safe for use in your car.
The Clarion AX1 is priced at MOP 55,990 and will be sold exclusively through Supreme Audiotronics Pvt Ltd in India.
· Automotive grade car head unit – able to withstand high/low temperatures and vibrations.
· Has undergone an industry-level testing regime (transportation, vibration, humidity, ESD tests); and its specifications, safety systems and quality will comply with international automotive standards set by car manufacturers.
· Specially designed user interface to ensure safety while driving – 3 home pages and 6 large, easy to navigate application icons.
· 6.5 inch WVGA TFT LCD display.
· Automotive Grade Capacitive Multi Touch Panel.
· Android Operating System, optimized for automotive.
· 800MHz, 1GB RAM, Full automotive processor.
· Built-in navigation voice guidance.
· 6-channel RCA output.
· Automatic illumination that adjusts to the time of day.
· Virtual Acoustic Positioning System (VAPS) technology for sound staging and music enhancement (for OEM customers).
· Built-in 25Wx4ch Digital Amplifier.
· Audio streaming (A2DP & AVRCP).
· Internal and external microphone support.
· Image viewer (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP).
· 1080P full HD playback, HDMI video output.
· Rear Camera input.
· Smart power management/ Fast boot option.
· Infogo App Garage – download apps and the latest firmware updates
· Infogo music store access over 25 million DRM free songs, inclusing Bollywood content from T-series