The BMW X2 SUV has been spotted a number of times in the concept form. Now, the latest leak shows it in near-production form, albeit in a heavily camouflaged avatar. Judging by the looks, the BMW X2 will be a compact SUV with smooth edges, aimed at bridging the gap between the smaller BMW X1 and the burly BMW X3 in terms of space, performance, features and technology.
As with all BMW vehicles, the new BMW X2 is also expected to get the new ConnectedDrive infotainment platform with connected telematics. The SUV may get a non-touch variant of the iDrive-based infotainment system, seeing that the touchscreen ConnectedDrive interface is usually reserved for more expensive offerings, and the BMW X2 is expected to be around the entry segment of BMW's SUV pricings. Not much has been said about the BMW X2's technology package, but it seems unlikely that it would get elements like Head-Up Display, as was there in the top variant of the BMW X3. Instead, the BMW X2 will possibly focus on essentials like brake energy regeneration, the large floating infotainment display, dynamic rear cameras, electrochromic mirrors and the likes.
The upcoming BMW X2 is based on the BMW UKL platform, which can power both front-wheel and all-wheel drive cars. Powertrain options are expected to remain similar to the BMW X1 - standard engine options including diesel and petrol, and a performance-oriented M Sport Edition, and all of these variants should make it to India. The BMW X2 gets a sloping window line that curves upward, and has smoother edges in a broader chassis that seems to create an imposing design sense. As of now, we await further details, which we should see before the end of 2017.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014