BMW India has launched the limited Shadow Edition trims of the BMW 3 Series sedan in India. The BMW 3 Series Shadow Edition is available in the 320d Sport Edition and 330i M Sport variants, and offer cosmetic changes to both interior and exterior facades of the cars. As part of the Shadow Edition package, the two sedans get gloss black slats on the signature kidney grille with gloss black grille frame, smoked-out headlamps and tail lamps, and black chrome exhaust tip. The two cars also get new 18-inch alloy wheel design, with the 330i and the 320d getting different designs on the alloys.
In terms of interiors, both the cars get sportier red-and-black upholstery, a new 10.5-inch instrument cluster display, and M Sport leather steering wheel and M Sport door sill badging. The 8.7-inch infotainment system also gets both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and the BMW 330i M Sport also gets a variable sport steering system. Apart from these, the rest of the elements remain the same - dual-zone climate control system, reverse parking camera, ESC, 205W stereo surround system and six airbags. Performance-wise, both the cars remain the same, with the 330i M Sport getting a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 252bhp and 350Nm torque, and the 320d getting a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 190bhp and 400Nm torque. Both the cars get BMW's ZF-sourced 8-speed automatic gearbox, and while the 320d Sport Edition hits 0-100kph in 7.2 seconds, the 330i M Sport takes 5.8 seconds for the same.
BMW has not specified for how long or the total number of units that will be sold with the Shadow Edition trim. However, it keeps the lineup slightly fresh in a segment that happens to be one of the most popular luxury car segments in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014