Emflux, a Bengaluru-based Indian startup, is all set to unveil an all-electric sports bike at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo. Dubbed the Emflux Concept One, the company has targeted the premium segment of electric two wheelers to introduce itself, which is an unusual strategy seeing how most startups target the entry segments to make their first big splashes. The company has reportedly been working on its all-electric bike technologies since 2016, and has put out a number of promising claims leading up to the launch of the motorbike.
The Emflux Concept One will come with an all-electric powertrain that uses a liquid-cooled AC induction motor to produce 50kW, which the company states is equivalent to a 600cc motorbike. Its peak power and torque deliveries are quoted at 68bhp and 84Nm, respectively. Emflux has claimed that its electric performance bike can reach 100kph in just 3 seconds, and reach a top speed of 200kph. Its air-cooled battery pack is sourced from Samsung, which the company has quoted on its website will be good enough for 200km total range. The batteries support quick charging that will provide 80 percent charge in just 36 minutes, and take three hours to fully charge from a standard wall socket.
Emflux has also stated that the bike will come equipped with the latest infotainment and connectivity technologies. It will house a 7-inch touchscreen TFT display to relay standard riding data, connectivity and charge status, GPS-based navigation, real-time dynamics and bike-to-bike communications. It will also come with a dedicated smartphone app to aid easy connectivity and remote actions. In terms of safety, Emflux has stated the use of Continental's custom-configured dual channel ABS, along with regenerative braking to optimise range.
Other mechanical elements revealed yet include the use of a trellis single side swing arm, Brembo brakes and Ohlins suspension in the bike's chassis. The company will unveil its debut project on February 7, 2018 at the Auto Expo, which will give us a first full glimpse at it after a first glimpse at its concept since January 2017. However, deliveries are only expected to begin in 2019, by which time the startup has claimed to have extensive personal service support, along with experience centres in New Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai. The first bike will be a limited run production, and Emflux will make only 199 of these. As for the pricing, expect it to be in the range of about Rs. 6 lac.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014