The alleged Apple car may launch by 2020. In a report, Bloomberg cites unnamed sources, who say that Apple will be manufacturing its own electric vehicles as early as 2020. Apple’s automobile efforts have been talked about a lot in the recent weeks, with speculations about the company taking on Tesla and General Motors eventually.
Further, both Tesla and General Motors have reportedly set targets for 2017 for releasing their respective new electric vehicles. These cars will be able to run for over 320 kms on a single charge and will cost less than $40,000 (Rs. 24.5 lakhs).
Of course, Apple has neither denied nor admitted that it's working on an electric vehicle. That said, there have been multiple reports and videos claiming the same. In fact, some videos have even showed alleged Apple Car prototypes.
The only confirmed automobile-related effort that Apple has ever made is Apple Carplay. The company though has been hiring employees from reputed automobile companies recently.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014