Google plans to directly integrate its services in your car instead of via your Android powered phone. If and when this happens Google will be able to make use of information coming from your fuel gauge, rear view cameras, sensors, GPS, etc.
According to Reuters, the source close to Google did not provide any timeframe on when Android Auto will be integrated into cars but mentioned that it is in the works. It was also revealed that Google is planning to come out with the next version of Android, dubbed as Android M, in the next year or so.
This year we saw both Android and its arch rival Apple launch their versions of smartphone and auto integration and both initiatives are backed up by car manufacturers. Both Android Auto and Apple’s Car Play are aimed at giving you more information about your car and your trips. And if Google’s auto integration goes as planned and the smartphone goes out of the picture, Google will be able to integrate its services more tightly around you.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki DzireBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech lovers
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014