Google has given Android Auto users the ability to view their full contact list in the car. The feature was earlier unavailable due to safety reasons, but Google has now made it available with a few restrictions.
To view the entire contacts list on Android Auto, users can simply hit the hamburger menu on the top left corner and select ‘Contacts’. Users can then sift through their contacts list on Android Auto with ease, albeit, only when the car is not in motion. If the car is moving, users will be restricted to just a few taps and will not be able to browse their contacts endlessly.
With the new feature, Android Auto now has four ways through which calls can be made within the vehicle. Users can give voice commands to the Google Assistant to place a call, or choose contacts from a list such as favorites, recently placed calls, received calls, missed calls. Alternatively, Android Auto users can also manually dial a number to call someone.
Last month, Android Auto was updated to include a ‘Swipe up to Unlock’ feature, which allowed users to access their smartphones while driving. Swiping up on the in-car dashboard app can unlock paired phones and give users access to certain features of the device which would otherwise not be available while driving.
Other Popular Deals
- Mahindra E2O at Auto Expo 2014Auto Expo 2014: Car Tech in Volkswagen Passat
- Mercedes Benz S-Class at Auto Expo 2014BMW i8 at Auto Expo 2014
- Tech in Range Rover Sport at Auto Expo 2014Tech in Hyundai Santa Fe at Auto Expo 2014
- Mercedes Benz E220d Long Wheelbase: First Look10 tech-laden cars to look forward to in 2018
- Best of Geneva Motor show 2018First Look: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- India-bound 2018 Suzuki Ertiga: In photosTech in Range Rover Evoque at Auto Expo 2014
- Best cars under Rs. 10 lac for tech loversBiggest upcoming car launches in India for tech enthusiasts...
- Tech in Renault Koleos at Auto Expo 2014