Electronics giant LG has developed an 18-inch Flexible OLED panel that can be rolled into a tube of a mere 3cm across. The prototype has 1200 x 810 pixels resolution and has a new polyamide film on the back panel which makes it very thin and extremely flexible.
LG's has also developed a new transparent OLED panel which makes images less hazy by increasing the light transmittance to 30 percent, compared to 10 percent common among current transparent LCD displays.
The company also promises to deliver 60-inch flexible screens by 2017. According to LG Display's SVP and Head of R&D, In-Byung Kang, he's confident that "by 2017, we will successfully develop an Ultra HD flexible and transparent OLED panel of more than 60 inches." He added that the 2017 panel will have a transmittance of over 40% and a curvature radius of 100R.
LG Display has been investing heavily in OLED, and has announced plans to spend $655 million on manufacturing infrastructure for a factory in South Korea. LGD stated in a release that the market for large flexible displays will reach $6 billion by 2018, and to over $77 billion by 2025. The company added, that by 2023, the transparent flexible display market volume will be larger than the 'generic display market" and will reach $131 billion in revenues.
LG had announced 105 Ultra HD TVs at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014. The LG 105UB9 HD TV has 11 million pixel (5120 x 2160) screen resolution and is 3D capable with 240Hz motion-smoothing technology.
- Best IEM headphones under Rs. 1,500Best budget earphones under Rs. 1,500 for bass heads
- The 10 best portable wireless Bluetooth speakers under Rs....The 6 best headphones under Rs. 3,000
- Best high-end speakers for your PC under Rs. 15,000The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 10,000
- The best 2K and 4K monitors to buy in IndiaCES 2015: The best wireless Bluetooth headphones and...
- The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 5,000Best gaming monitors to buy in India
- Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q UHD 32-inch MonitorHome entertainment projectors to buy
- HMDX JAM PartyHome entertainment projectors worth buying
- Best headphones in India under Rs. 2,000Transit by Soen Audio