Creative has announced its Outlier Bluetooth MP3 headphones.The headphones are priced at Rs. 6,499 and will be available in India from March this year. It also comes with changeable colourful acoustic rings and the package comes with six pairs of silicone rubber rings. The headphones comes with 32mm Neodymium drivers and Creative claims that the Outlier headphones support up to 10 hours of playtime on a single charge.
Read the complete press release below
Creative Technology Ltd today announced the Creative Outlier, a powerful feature-rich Bluetooth MP3 headphones with changeable colourful acoustic rings. The headphone is specially designed for urban commuters and health enthusiasts who want to enjoy their music indoors or outdoors, with or without their smartphones. Creative Outlier is extremely lightweight – weighing just 93 grams – and will fit easily into just about any rucksack, tote bag or attaché case. The headphone also comes with useful features for health enthusiasts such as the Pacer Mode to keep track of lap or workout timings.
When worn, the lightweight headphone is designed for comfort and durability – it features an extremely flexible and durable headband construction with soft protein leatherette ear cushions. Customized for Creative Outlier, these soft ear cushions fit snugly on the ears for all day comfort.
The Creative Outlier also allows users to customize the look and feel of the headphones. The Creative Outlier is available in bold black colour, but allows you to attach a pair of outlandishly coloured acoustic rings around each of the ear cups to personalize them according to your style. Keep the meticulously-tuned acoustic rings on for well-balanced audio with powerful bass. Remove them or replace them with a more acoustically porous alternative like Rainbow Loom® bands for more bass! With six pairs of silicone rubber coloured rings included in the package, you are spoilt for choice in expressing yourself with 30 colour combinations; be it being affectionate, feeling energetic, bold, or just having fun.
When it comes to audio playback, the Creative Outlier is designed to deliver: it comes with two powerful professionally-tuned 32mm Neodymium drivers.
Supporting up to 10 hours of playtime on a single charge†, the headphone also allows you to enjoy your music in 4 ways:
· NFC-Enabled Bluetooth 4.1
Integrated with the robust Bluetooth v4.1 and NFC technologies, the Creative Outlier allows smartphone users to connect wirelessly easily and quickly! With NFC, simply tap to pair and you're all set to enjoy audio, via Bluetooth.
· Built-in MP3 Player
The Creative Outlier, with its built-in MP3 player allows users to easily play their favourite tracks from a MicroSD card. Supporting MP3, WMA and WAV formats, you can now enjoy up to 10,000 high quality MP3 tracks^ using a 32GB MicroSD card directly inserted into the headphones.
· USB Audio
The Creative Outlier supports pristine digital audio playback from a computer via USB. In addition, you can also customize your audio settings with the free downloadable Sound Blaster software to deliver the best audio profile for music, movies, and games.
· Integrated 3.5mm Aux-In
The speaker comes with an integrated 3.5mm aux-in for connections to all other analog audio devices.
The feature-rich Creative Outlier also comes with other useful features:
- Buddy: Smart Voice Notifications App
- Android™ users can download Creative's free Text-to-Speech app, Buddy, which reads out notifications or texts, such as SMS, WhatsApp™, WeChat™, LINE™, Viber™, Skype™, Facebook™ Messenger, and more.
- Built-in Pacer Mode: tells total elapsed time and lap time
- With a simple push of button(s), the Creative Outlier will announce* the total elapsed time or lap time to track any activity, such as timed circuit trainings, treadmill runs, or when simply walking in the park.
- High Definition Voice Calls
- The built-in invisible microphone with ClearSpeech Engine actively suppresses external noises and digitally enhances speech clarity so that your conversations are loud and clear. Moreover, it is HD Voice-ready**, breathing life into your phone conversations. Creative Outlier supports a battery life talk time of up to 8 hours on a single charge.
o Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions.
o Supports microSD or microSDHC cards up to 32GB formatted in FAT/FAT32. Supported audio formats: MP3, WMA and WAV (16-bit/48kHz PCM). Supports MP3 and WMA up to 320kbps. Does not support WMA Pro/ Lossless. Up to 10,000 tracks from an average of 3MB per music track at 128kbps.
o Pacer Mode announcements in English only.
o Works with supported smartphones and mobile networks.
Features of the Creative Outlier:
- Bluetooth with NFC for fuss-free wireless audio.
- Integrated MP3 Player lets you play songs directly from a MicroSD Card without using your phone – saves your phone’s battery for important calls and messages. Great for exercising without the hassle of carrying a phone.
- USB Audio for digital lossless playback; charges your device’s battery at the same time.
- HD Call Quality with built-in microphone that uses noise suppression and HD Voice support.
- Buddy App reads incoming messages on Android devices.
- Outlandishly cool with 6 pairs of bundled colourful neon acoustic rings that let users have fun personalizing their style – up to 30 combinations.
- Lightweight (weighs 93g, about 1.5 times lighter than other headphones in this class) and comfortable with leatherette ear cup padding.
- Powerful audio with professionally-tuned 32mm neodymium drivers.
- Available in bold black colour.
Pricing and Availability
Creative Outlier is priced at MRP Rs 6,499 and will be available in India from March 2016 onwards.