The ongoing feud between Google and Amazon over a ‘lack of reciprocity’ is not hidden from anyone. They have already removed their services from each others’ platforms, but buyers in India are the ones who are benefitting from the clash as Google has followed Amazon’s approach to slash the prices of its Home smart speaker lineup by up to 17 percent.
As of now, the Google Home Mini is available at a special price of Rs 3,699 (instead of Rs 4,499). Google has also introduced no-cost EMIs starting from Rs 411 per month (other EMIs from Rs 123 per month). There is a combo offer as well. If you buy two or more speakers, you will get additional Rs 1000 discount.
For the larger Google Home, the company has fixed the special price at Rs 8,499 (originally Rs 9,999) after giving 15 percent discount. The no cost EMIs start from Rs 945 per month, while other EMIs start from Rs 283 per month.
As far as bank-specific offers, customers who purchase speakers with HDFC bank credit cards will get 10 percent cashback. There is a 5 percent instant discount on Visa cards for first three online payments, and extra 5 percent off with Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card. As for the partner offer, free 6 months Google Play Music subscription will be given to first-time Google Play Music users.
In the first week of June, Amazon had cut the prices of its Echo lineup of speakers to boost sales in India. Google followed and introduced a price-cut in its Home lineup and is now selling the smart speakers on Flipkart at exactly the same price point at which Amazon Echo devices are listed on the company’s e-commerce platform.
Meanwhile, if you want to buy any Amazon Echo product, you can get them at the same price as Google Home lineup. The Echo Dot, launched for Rs 4,499, is now available for Rs 3,699; The Echo, launched for Rs 9,999, is now available for Rs 8,999. Amazon’s Echo Plus and Echo Spot will available at their launch prices of Rs 14,999 and Rs 12,999, respectively.
Other Popular Deals
- Best IEM headphones under Rs. 1,500Best budget earphones under Rs. 1,500 for bass heads
- The 10 best portable wireless Bluetooth speakers under Rs....The 6 best headphones under Rs. 3,000
- Best high-end speakers for your PC under Rs. 15,000The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 10,000
- The best 2K and 4K monitors to buy in IndiaCES 2015: The best wireless Bluetooth headphones and...
- The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 5,000Best gaming monitors to buy in India
- Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q UHD 32-inch MonitorHome entertainment projectors to buy
- HMDX JAM PartyHome entertainment projectors worth buying
- Best headphones in India under Rs. 2,000Transit by Soen Audio