Apple is going to launch a new version of the Beats X earbuds on February 10, the company announced today. Continuing its efforts at abolishing the coveted 3.5 mm headphone jack, these new earbuds will also be wireless. Another very Apple-like decision can be found in the device’s pricing. The Beats X will cost you $149.95 and are listed here, and on Apple’s US website. The headphones will of course run with iOS-based devices and Macs.
However, quite interestingly, this new Apple hardware is also meant for non-Apple-branded smartphones, specifically, those running Android. According to Apple, the Beats X will last for up to 8 hours on a single charge. You will also get two hours of battery life by charging it for only 5 minutes, the company said.
The Beats X headphones charge via lightning connectors. Beats headphones have usually been charged using micro-USB connectors, but it seems Apple is bringing it to its own in-house standards. It has a “Flex-Form” cable, which will apparently help the Beats X rest comfortably on your neck. The wire is also tangle free.
You’ll get a carrying case with the device, along with removable wingtips for different fits. The Beats X earbuds aren’t sweat-proof, though, which may be problematic for those planning to use them for exercising and during athletics.
Other Popular Deals
- Best IEMs to buy in India under Rs. 1000 (November 2016)Best budget earphones under Rs. 1,500 for bass heads
- The 10 best portable wireless Bluetooth speakers under Rs....The 6 best headphones under Rs. 3,000
- Best high-end speakers for your PC under Rs. 15,000The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 10,000
- The best 2K and 4K monitors to buy in IndiaCES 2015: The best wireless Bluetooth headphones and...
- The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 5,000Best gaming monitors to buy in India
- Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q UHD 32-inch MonitorHome entertainment projectors to buy
- HMDX JAM PartyHome entertainment projectors worth buying
- Best headphones in India under Rs. 2,000Transit by Soen Audio