After unveiling its wireless earbuds, announced that the new gadget would be delayed. But the company did not give any reason for it. However, a new report by the Wall Street Journal suggests that the reason might be due to a technical issue. More specifically, the problem of audio syncing.
The publication quotes a source who said that the company needs to ensure that both earpieces need to receive audio at the same time in order to avoid audio distortion. In most other wireless headphones, only one earpiece receives the signal from the phone, and then transmits it to the other earpiece.
However, a report by Daring Fireball says that manufacturing issues are to blame for the delay, and not any technical issues. It also notes that issues like what happens when a user loses one of the Airpods, or when the battery dies have been solved during development.
Earlier this month, it was reported that Tim Cook sent an email to a customer telling him that the device should start shipping “over the next few weeks.” The company was initially supposed to launch the new Airpods in October.
Other Popular Deals
- Best IEMs to buy in India under Rs. 1000 (November 2016)Best budget earphones under Rs. 1,500 for bass heads
- The 10 best portable wireless Bluetooth speakers under Rs....The 6 best headphones under Rs. 3,000
- Best high-end speakers for your PC under Rs. 15,000The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 10,000
- The best 2K and 4K monitors to buy in IndiaCES 2015: The best wireless Bluetooth headphones and...
- The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 5,000Best gaming monitors to buy in India
- Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q UHD 32-inch MonitorHome entertainment projectors to buy
- HMDX JAM PartyHome entertainment projectors worth buying
- Best headphones in India under Rs. 2,000Transit by Soen Audio