Apple’s could be launching an upgraded version of its wireless in-ear headphones, AirPods, in mid-2018. As per a report by KGI Securities analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, via MacRumors, the company will also be ramping up their AirPod production by 100 percent next year.
Kuo says that Apple is producing the new AirPods after realising it’s high demand this holiday season. As per reports, the wireless earbuds are shown out-of-stock on many online retailers overseas till January next year. The analyst also added, “media reports over the past few days on brisk AirPods demand and Apple struggling to keep up with holiday season demand align with our findings and positive predictions on AirPods in several previous reports.”
Currently, not much information about wireless earbuds is known. However, Kuo reveals that the new AirPods will come with a "smaller quartz component," Also, the AirPods productions could reportedly be doubled to 26-28 million units next year, which lead the analyst to believe that Apple might be expecting to sell about 13-14 million current generation AirPods worldwide by the end of this year.
The Cupertino-based company is also expected to release a new wireless chargingWhere to buy 1136 1500 1796 case for the AirPods, alongside the new AirPower charging mat, which Apple teased during the iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus launch. The mat was shown in a demo video during launch and can charge the new iPhones, Apple WatchWhere to buy 1360 1999 2499 3 and AirPods simultaneously. Kuo also said that the company has recruited Luxshare for improving AirPod production, however, RF printed-circuit boards for its batteries are said to be a “key production bottleneck”.
Other Popular Deals
- Best IEMs to buy in India under Rs. 1000 (November 2016)Best budget earphones under Rs. 1,500 for bass heads
- The 10 best portable wireless Bluetooth speakers under Rs....The 6 best headphones under Rs. 3,000
- Best high-end speakers for your PC under Rs. 15,000The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 10,000
- The best 2K and 4K monitors to buy in IndiaCES 2015: The best wireless Bluetooth headphones and...
- The Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers under Rs. 5,000Best gaming monitors to buy in India
- Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q UHD 32-inch MonitorHome entertainment projectors to buy
- HMDX JAM PartyHome entertainment projectors worth buying
- Best headphones in India under Rs. 2,000Transit by Soen Audio