Apple has launched the iPhone 14 series and there are four new iPhones namely iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max. Here, we will see the frequently asked questions about the iPhone 14 lineup.
1. How much is the battery capacity of the iPhone 14 lineup?
A. Here are the battery sizes of the iPhone 14 series:
- iPhone 14: 3,279 mAh
- iPhone 14 Plus: 4,325 mAh
- iPhone 14 Pro: 3,200 mAh
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: 4,323 mAh
2. What are the prices of the iPhone 14 series models?
A. Here are the launch prices of the various iPhone 14 series models:
- Apple to tighten AirDrop security amid various security concerns
- iQOO 11 and iQOO 11 Pro launched in China. Here are the prices, specifications and features
- Realme 10 Pro series launched: Here are the top features of Realme 10 Pro+ 5G
- Redmi Note 12 Pro+ with 200MP camera is launching in India soon: Here's what we know
- What's the difference between Google Felix and Google Pixel Pro 7? One of them folds
- iPhone 14 (128GB): ₹79,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 (256GB): ₹89,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 (512GB): ₹109,000 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Plus (128GB): ₹89,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Plus (256GB): ₹99,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Plus (512GB): ₹119,000 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro (128GB): ₹1,29,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro (256GB): ₹1,39,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro (512GB): ₹159,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro (1TB): ₹1,79,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max (128GB): ₹1,39,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max (256GB): ₹149900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max (512GB): ₹1,69,900 (Apple)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max (1TB): ₹1,89,900 (Apple)
The iPhone 14 series’ price in India is more than in other markets like the US.
3. Which iPhones feature Dynamic Island?
A. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max feature Dynamic Island. The regular iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus don’t feature the Dynamic island as they have the broader notch. So, iPhone 13 and previous iPhones don’t have Dynamic Island.
Although Dynamic Island is a software feature, it is not an iOS 16 feature that will be part of all iPhones with iOS 16.
4. Which iPhones have the satellite connectivity feature? How does the iPhone satellite feature work?
A. iPhone 14 series introduced satellite connectivity support. Apple has worked up a software solution that enables the iPhone antennas to connect to satellites. On the iPhone 14 models, you will see an Emergency SOS via Satellite UI. When you lose cellular or WiFi connectivity, you can make use of this feature to send messages and manually share Find My location with your contacts. However, for this thing to work, you need to have a clear sky and the iPhone will guide you in the direction you have to hold the phone. Even though the message sizes are compressed by Apple, it would still take about 15 seconds to 1 minute to send messages depending on how clear the sky is. Along with the messages, your medical ID would be shared. And you can’t just send anything. Rather you have to respond to some close-ended multiple choice questions.
The message will be first tried to be sent to the carrier provider but if the transmission fails, it will be sent to an Apple relay center (with live agents) which will send it further to the telecom provider.
American English, American Spanish, and French Canadian are the languages that are supported by Emergency SOS via Satellite UI. Only Latin characters are supported. It is expected to release as part of a later iOS release, perhaps iOS 16.2 in select markets like the US.
5. Which all iPhones support crash detection?
A. All iPhone 14 models support the new Crash Detection feature. iPhones are equipped with a new dual-core accelerometer that can detect up to 256Gs of G-force. There’s also a new high dynamic range gyroscope. Thanks to these, the iPhone can identify when you are in a car crash (be it from the front, back, side, or rollover). It first asks you if you want to connect to an emergency service. If you don’t respond in 10 seconds, then it automatically alerts the emergency contacts as well as rescue services of your exact location.
6. Which iPhones support eSIM?
A. All iPhone 14 models in the US support dual eSIMs only. You can store up to 8 eSIM numbers on all iPhone 14 models but only two numbers can be active at a time. You can also transfer eSIMs between iPhones (with iOS 16) as long as your carrier supports it.
7. What’s the difference between iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus?
A. iPhone 14 has a 6.1-inch display while the iPhone 14 Plus has a 6.7-inch screen. Both have 60Hz panels, an A15 Bionic chipset, 128/256/512GB storage options, and dual 12MP cameras (incl an ultrawide sensor), among other features. The underlying battery size is 3279mAh on the iPhone 14 and 4325mAh on the iPhone 14 Plus.
There are differences in their size and weight too. iPhone 14 dimensions and weight are 5.78 x 2.82 x 0.31 inches and 172 grams respectively. The iPhone 14 Plus dimensions and weight are 6.33 x 3.07 x 0.31 inches and 203 grams respectively.
8. Which are the iPhones with Apple A16 Bionic SoC? How is A16 Bionic different from A15 Bionic?
A. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max come with an A16 Bionic while the standard iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus ship with A15 Bionic.
9. Which iPhone 14 models feature Always on Display?
A. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max sports the Always on Display. Apple’s AoD is a lot dimmer version of the regular lock screen. This works thanks to the LTPO OLED that allows for differential pixel dimming and scaled-down refresh rate up to 1 Hz. You get to see the most important stuff like date, time, notifications, dimmer wallpaper, iOS 16 lock screen widgets, and live activities.
10. What are the new camera features of the iPhone 14 Pro lineup?
A. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro max come with a 48MP primary camera (pixel-binned 12MP photos or full-flat 48MP ProRaw photo), 12MP telephoto with 3x optical zoom, 12MP 120-degree ultrawide, and a TOF 3D LiDAR depth scanner. The max video recording supported is 4K60. So, no 8K recording on the iPhone 14 series. But one feature that’s part of all iPhone 14 models is Action Mode which tries to shoot a shake-free video with advanced stabilization.
11. What are the differences between the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro?
A. Compared to the iPhone 14, the iPhone 14 Pro has got the Dynamic Island, a brighter, Dolby Vision-supported 120Hz display, an always-on display (AoD), better battery life, a 48MP main camera, and the A16 Bionic SoC.
12. What are the differences between the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max?
A. Compared to the iPhone 14 Pro, the iPhone 14 Pro Max has got a bigger screen and a bigger battery.
13. What is the screen refresh rate of the iPhone 14 and the iPhone 14 Plus?
A. The regular iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus have a basic 60Hz OLED panel with FHD+ resolution, up to 1200 nits of peak brightness, and HDR10 playback support.
14. How much RAM is in iPhone 14 Pro?
A. Although Apple doesn't reveal the RAM specification, the iPhone 14 Pro is said to bear 6GB LPDDR5 RAM.