Access Open Source Technology
Innovate w/ IBM and Discover New Open Source Technology Today. Learn More.
Facebook has launched a new feature that lets you bulk delete all that you’ve shared on your timeline ever since you joined the social media platform. You can also search with filters like date and people, and bulk delete posts. The process helps users weed out unwanted content from their profile.
Facebook came in the early days of the social media movement, and most of us who joined back then were naive and shared content which we may not want to revisit or be dug up by others to troll and defame us.
The new bulk delete option resides in the “Activity Log” and you can use a filter to bulk delete posts made on a certain date, or shared with people. There’s also the option to archive old posts so only you can see them.
The bulk delete option is presently only available in the Android and iOS apps of Facebook, with support for the web version coming in the future. Here’s how to go about deleting old posts from your timeline —
1. Open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android device.
2. Head to the profile page by tapping on your profile photo on the home screen. You’ll find it in the top left corner.
3. Now tap the 3-dot icon and go to Activity Log.
4. Tap on Manage Activity at the top and choose Your Posts.
5. You will now see all the posts you’ve made on your profile ever since you joined. Select the ones you want to delete.
6. If you want to filter it out, tap on the Filters option at the top to sort your posts by category, date or people.
7. Select the posts you want removed and tap on delete or archive.
When you hit delete, Facebook will delete the post and the content completely after 30 days from their servers. If you hit the archive option, others won’t be able to see the posts but it will remain on your timeline for you to revisit. If you are also planning to exit Facebook altogether, here's a handy guide to zip up all your data before you hit that delete account button.
The feature is rolling out in phases, and if you haven’t received it, just wait it out and the app will be updated automatically with the new feature.
In other Facebook news, the company launched Facebook Shops as online storefronts gain popularity due to Coronavirus. You can read more about that here.
03 Jul 2020
03 Jul 2020
01 Jul 2020
25 Jun 2020
25 Jun 2020