YouTube has announced that it will no longer serve advertisements on channels that have less than 10,000 lifetimes views. The move is aimed at stopping users from making money by posting copyrighted or offensive videos. The company says that this threshold gives it enough information to determine the validity of a channel and if it is following its community guidelines and advertiser policies.
In the company’s official blog, Ariel Bardin, VP of Product Management stated, “Today, more creators are making a living on YouTube than ever before. However, with this growth we’ve started seeing cases of abuse where great, original content is re-uploaded by others who try to earn revenue from it. To help protect creator revenue, we recently made it easy for anyone to report an impersonating channel. To date, this change has helped us terminate hundreds of thousands of channels violating our policies. Now, we're taking another step to protect creators by updating the thresholds required to join the YouTube Partner Program.”
The company also stated that it will be adding a review process for new creators who apply to be in the YouTube Partner Program. Once a creator hits 10,000 lifetime views on their channel, the company would review their activity and and will add the channel to the YouTube Partner Program and start serving advertisements.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices